Conditions of Entry Clunes Ceramic Award 2019
Clunes Ceramic Award Terms and Conditions
The Clunes Ceramic Award committee and Creative Clunes Inc will hereinafter be known as “the organisers”.
- The Clunes Ceramic Award is a national award, open to all artists who are residents of Australia.
- The Award has total prize monies in excess of $14,000, including a First Prize of $10,000. The winning artist's work will be acquired in alternate years, by the Art Gallery of Ballarat and the Castlemaine Art Gallery and Historical Museum for their Permanent Collections.
- Residents of the Central Goldfields, Pyrenees, City of Greater Bendigo, Mt Alexander, City of Ballarat, and Hepburn Shire Councils are particularly encouraged to enter. A Regional Encouragement Prize is awarded for a work submitted from a resident of this region.
- A People’s Choice Award will be awarded and announced close to the conclusion of the exhibition.
- Three recognition/encouragement awards will be awarded.
- All awards will be presented at the discretion of the judging panel and announced at the exhibition opening.
Conditions of entry:
- Entries must be lodged electronically.
- All works of art accepted for exhibition must be offered for sale to the public during the course of the exhibition.
- The Entry Fee is $40 per entry (including GST). The entry fee is non-refundable regardless of whether work is selected for exhibition or not.
- Artists may only submit one entry.
- All entries must be the original work by the artist, executed within twelve months prior to the submission date Friday 26 July 2019.
- Collaborative entries are permitted. All parties must be acknowledged on the entry form and each artist should provide a separate CV. The collaborative work must be submitted with an Artist’s Statement.
- All ceramic art forms are acceptable. Mixed-media is acceptable but the dominant medium must be ceramic.
- The work submitted may be a single object or have multiple parts. If the work submitted has multiple parts, individual pieces cannot be sold separately.
- The artist must submit a current CV together with an Artist’s Statement. The Statement should make direct reference to the work and include a conceptual rationale. The Statement should not exceed 120 words and should accompany the images and the CV as part of the electronic entry.
- NB: The Artist Statement and the CV must be headed with the artist's name, typed in Microsoft Word.
- The entry must include one, but may include up to three images, that clearly illustrate your work/s.
- The work submitted for final judging must be the same as that displayed in images submitted.
- Each image should be less than three megabytes in size. If your images are larger than that, or you are having difficulty uploading or emailing the image, you should contact us on (03) 5345 3947 during office hours, or via firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The quality of your images will assist the judges make their final decisions.
- Three dimensional works to be exhibited on a plinth should not exceed a footprint of 60 centimetres by 60 centimetres or should not exceed one (1) cubic metre in volume, with a maximum height or length of 1 metre.
- If the work is to be placed on the floor or is a wall installation, the maximum size is 60 x 60 x 100cm as with works displayed on plinths. Directions for display and details and specifications of the work must be included so that suitable provision for the work can be arranged.
- Artists must provide photographic reference (plan and elevation views) with the actual work. and clear directions for assembly if the work is of multiple parts.
HOW TO ENTER:
**All entrants are required to submit an entry form, a CV, an Artist's Statement and at least one image.
Your entry form and payment (using electronic bank transfer) must be submitted electronically.
Log on to www.clunesceramicaward.com.au to complete your entry form.
Transfer funds electronically from your bank to Clunes Ceramic Award bank account:
Name: Clunes Ceramic Award
Bank: Bendigo Bank
BSB: 633 000
Account No.: 159806546
Your completed Entry Form must be received by Friday 26 July 2019.
- All finalists will be selected on the basis of the images provided by the artist.
- The organisers as administrators of the Award reserve the right to reject or to refuse to display any entry that it considers does not meet the stated criteria of entry.
- Entrants will receive notification of selection or non-selection by Monday 19 August 2019.
- The decisions of the Judging Panel will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The Judging Panel reserves the right not to select a winner for acquisition or allocate the full prize monies if the work is not, in the Judges' opinion, of sufficient merit.
- The winner of the Acquisitive Award will be announced at the exhibition opening on Saturday 28 September 2019. Recognition/Encouragement Awards will also be announced at the exhibition opening.
- The People's Choice Award will be announced on Monday 14 October 2019.
- Voting for the People’s Choice Award will be accepted from Friday 27 September 2019 and will close on Sunday 13 October 2019.
- The People’s Choice Award winner will be notified via phone or email and announced on www.clunesceramicaward.com.au
- The exhibition will be held at the Union Bank Arts Centre, 22 Fraser Street, Clunes, Victoria, 3370.
Delivery/collection of works of art:
- Works of art must be delivered to Creative Clunes Inc c/o Clunes Railway Station between Friday 23 August and Monday 9 September 2019.
- Arrangements regarding the delivery date and time must be made with Creative Clunes Inc on (03) 5345 3947 or email email@example.com at least 24 hours prior to delivery.
- All costs associated with the insurance, transport, delivery and collection of works of art remain the sole responsibility of the artist.
- All works of art must be carefully packaged and labelled with the artist's name and address, the title of the work and a box number (if multiple parts eg. box 1 of 5). Each box must also contain a prepared return address label. *Environmentally friendly packaging is preferred i.e. please avoid polystyrene.
- Our sponsor Pack & Send is our preferred courier. Packaging and protective wrap should be provided so that the work can be easily stored, repackaged and relabelled.
- Unsold works may be collected from the Union Bank Arts Centre, Clunes from 4pm Sunday 13 October to Tuesday 15 October 2019 or by prior arrangement with Creative Clunes Inc on (03) 5345 3947 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Disclaimer, care and responsibility:
- The organisers and their agents will exercise all reasonable care with works of art submitted and will not be responsible for the loss or damage to any work while in its custody or in transit to or from the venue for storage or exhibition.
- Each artist shall indemnify the organisers, Creative Clunes Inc and the Clunes Ceramic Award and its agents against loss or damage suffered to their work.
- Each artist is responsible for their own insurance cover.
- Works of art will not be accepted unless the artist provides the work for exhibition free of all freight and other charges.
- Any works exhibited that require return freight will not be returned unless freight has been paid in full, or by prior arrangement with Pack & Send, Ballarat.
- Finalists will be notified of the sale/s of their work by phone or email.
- Any unsold work that has not been collected within 30 days of the closing date of the exhibition, unless otherwise arranged, will become the property of Creative Clunes Inc.
- Access to the artist's personal details will be limited to the organisers.
- Personal information recorded on the Creative Clunes Inc database cannot be accessed by any unauthorised person.
- The organisers reserve the right to photograph works exhibited in the Clunes Ceramic Award to use for the purpose of documentation and promotion.
- All images become the property of Creative Clunes Inc but will only be used with appropriate acknowledgement of authorship.
- The organisers reserve the right to reproduce the winning entry in subsequent publications in relation to the Award and Permanent Collections.
Conditions of sale:
- A commission of 30% of the sale price is payable to the Clunes Ceramic Award on all sold works of art. GST is not applicable.
CLUNES CERAMIC AWARD TIMELINE / KEY DATES:
Entries Open Monday 11 March 2019
Closing dates for entries
Electronic image(s), entry form and payment to arrive by Friday 26 July 2019
Shortlist of finalists announced
Monday 19 August 2019
Delivery of selected original works
By Monday 9 September 2019
Set up dates
Monday 16, Tuesday 17 & Wednesday 18 September 2019
Completed by Sunday 22 September 2019
Locals, Collectors and Galleries event Friday 27 September 2019
Saturday 28 September to Sunday 13 October 2019
Official Exhibition opening & announcement of winners
Saturday 28 September 2019
Sunday 13 October 2019
People’s Choice Award announced
Sunday 13 October 2019
Unsold works to be collected
No later than Tuesday 15 October 2019