2019 Finalists Announced!
It is with great excitement that we announced the 41 works selected as our Finalists from 128 entries we received from artists from all over Australia.
The prestigious 2019 Clunes Ceramic Award saw a wonderful array of art prices entered and our judges have again been astonished by the quality of entries. The standard was extremely high and selecting our shortlist this year was difficult. Our judges Chirs Weaver, Neville French and Mary Rasmussen unanimously agreed on 41 works to be exhibited for the award. All the entries were carefully considered in regard to the criteria for excellence; concept and use of materials.
Listed in alphabetical order.....
- Andrea Barker, Collected Silences
- Ann Ferguson, Settlement
- Anne Mossman, Seams of Uncertainty
- Barry Jackson, Dead Lake
- Daniel Lafferty, Boulder by Fire
- Fiona Hiscock, Woodland
- Fiona Mcdonald, Memory of Touch
- Frances Guerin, Swan Song
- Graeme Wilkie, OAM Keeper of the Heart
- Ian Jones, Triangulation
- Irianna Kanellopoulou, Once upon a time
- Jack Balfour, Fluid Fullness
- Jane Sawyer, Planetary Moon River
- Janetta Kerr, Grant Forest Ghosts
- Johanna DeMaine, Territory
- John Stroomer, Evolution Form Line Structure
- John Tuckwell, Thoughtworks
- Julie Nash, Past Tense Impacts Present
- Kay Jensen, Dancing Fish
- Keiko Matsui, Kintsugi Vessel
- Kelly Austin, Thanksgiving
- Krasimir Bekyarov Abstract painting on ceramic surface
- Kris Coad, Journey Series
- Larissa Warren, Room Pillar
- Lee Berryman, Kaleidoscope
- Lilach Mileikowski, Shir Lama alot (Song of Ascents)
- Margaret Turton, Pollinator Platter
- Minaal Lawn, Unknown (2018)
- Moraig McKenna, Two Vases
- Petrus Spronk, The endless journey along the edge of the bowl
- Philippa Taylor, I Walk The Line
- Richard John Spoehr, Untitled
- Simone Fraser, Water Series
- Simone Vittorio, Reflection of the Reef
- Soledad Contardo, Kurth Rivets
- Stephen Drew, Rider
- Sue Fraser, Journey to the North
- Ted Secombe, Urchin Form Vase
- Vanessa Lucas + Courtney King, Forest Floor
- Vivienne Hill, Long Draw
-Yoko Ozawa, Full
The next important date in the calender's of our entrants is delivery of selected original works by Monday 9th September 2019.
Thank you to all our sponsors including the The Hugh D. T. Williamson Foundation, The Union Bank Arts Center, CyberCom and T.Cocks AOM and family.